Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Phonics

Sugar Plum is not liking phonics.  She knows all the letter sounds, but struggles in putting them together. I know it is early and she is young, but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought it would be easier.  I guess I was hoping she would be one of those kids who would just get it.  I know it will take time and practice. It is super overwhelming thinking about her learning to read because I taught her.

I taught third and first grades at a Christian school, but I never taught kids to read.  All of my first graders were reading when the school year started and of course by third grade most were reading well.

So, for now I guess I will keep chugging along and keep working with her and one day she will be reading all on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment