Friday, September 3, 2010

Busy Week

Wow.  I just realized that I have not written a blog all week.  We have been busy with life and school.  Sugar Plum is eager and excited every morning to do school.  I think her major accomplishment this week was finally getting the short e sound.  She was struggling with this and now can say it quickly. She loves drawing in her journal and I have her write the word for what she draws.  We are getting our school time done right in the morning so she can have lots of play time and we have been doing and art or reading activity in the afternoon.

Tiger Boy is not so thrilled with preschool. I am not pushing him much. Most of the time he just wants to color on his marker board and that is fine with me.  He does know his letters already so there is not much else I really need to work on with him right now.  We have done some counting and coloring too. I think his favorite time of the day is reading together on the couch before his nap.

My husband is amazed at how quick we can do school.  We take about an hour to an hour and a half for school time each day.  His nephew just started kindergarten too and goes all day to basically learn the same things we are learning at home.  He wishes he could have been homeschooled, because he did not like school at all.

So that was our week. I am looking forward to more fun next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment