Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rodeo

So today I took my daughter to a youth rodeo.  This is not a normal activity for us.  I was going to see one of our youth group girls compete.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  I thought my daughter would enjoy it and learn some things while there.  I was told it started at 2 pm.  So we went.  We got there a little bit late and discovered it was already started and not like just few minutes late started like a long time had passed.  Oh, well.  I was just hoping we had not missed the girl we went to see.  My daughter and I found a place to sit on the hard ground on a hill overlooking the arena.  We sat and watched and waited to see Haley.  We watched little kids come in and take down a goat and remove a ribbon from its tail.  Then we watched big kids come in and hog tie the goats.  All this time waiting to see Haley.  Finally after TWO hours I called her mom to see what was going on.  She told me the event was next. Okay, so we sat and waited some more.  We got some water and a popsicle and 45 minutes later Haley came up to us riding her horse.  She talked with us and said she was going in a while.  Eventually we went and got some pizza.  This was after being there for 3 1/2 hours.  As we were sitting in the concession area eating I heard Haley's name on the loud speaker.  We grabbed our food and ran to the edge of the arena just in time to see her ride her horse in.  She did really good.  This was only the first of two events she was competing in so we waited some more.  After another hour of waiting it started pouring down rain, so we left.  It was a LONG day.  I was not expecting to be there for over 4 hours.  I am just glad my daughter enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment