Friday, January 14, 2011

Learning

This has been an up and down week for me.  We had a really cool thing happen.  On Wednesday, I was reading a book to Sugar Plum and she pointed out a word and sounded it out. Then she sounded out another word.  I was much impressed. This has been a huge struggle for her.  I then got out a simple CVC word book that I had just got in the mail and had her try reading it.  She did great.  I had to help her with few words but she read the book.  MY GIRL CAN READ!!!!

On the flip side I have realized that the phonics curriculum I picked was not a good fit for either of us.  I did add a different curriculum's workbook to it and that seemed to help some.  Now, I am so frustrated with myself for not getting something better sooner. I think she is really behind and I am not sure how to get her caught up to where she needs to be.  I have a few ideas to try to get her moving along.  I just feel disappointed in myself and wish I knew how to help her better. This homeschooling thing is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment