Monday, March 4, 2013

Making Changes

A few weeks ago I wrote about my need to tweak things in our curriculum.  Well, I have been doing just that.  I have been researching math curriculums and have made a change for next year.  We will be switching from Horizons to Math U See.  I think it will be a much better fit for Sugar Plum. She does well at math but does not enjoy the paper work.  I think the switch will be good for her.

I also bought Spelling Power which I am very excited to begin using.  I need to learn more about it but I plan on starting it in a week or two.

I still plan on using Abeka for phonics for Tiger Boy when he starts K in the fall.  I think it provides an excellent foundation for reading and decoding words even if it can be a bit dry at times.  I also plan on starting with Math U See for him too.

I think I could look at curriculum all day and somedays I get overwhelmed by all that is out there but I want to make good decisions for my kids.  I think the hardest part for me is admitting that something didn't work and making the change.  But, if I want my kids to be the best learners that they can I know it is something I have to be willing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment