Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer

I am really enjoying our summer break right now. We are relaxing and taking life easy.  The big kids are taking swimming lessons at the Y and are loving it.  After the first day of class Sugar Plum was moved up a level due to her great swimming skills.  She was so proud.  Tiger Boy is taking lessons for the first time and has learned quite a lot.  He is not the fish is sister is but I am glad he is becoming more comfortable in the water.

I have been working on lesson plans for the fall.  I have taken a big leap and purchased a core curriculum for Sugar Plum. We will be using My Father's World for second grade.  I am still using Abeka for phonics and language arts. I have also purchased Abeka K4 for Tiger Boy.  I think he is ready to take his learning to a new level and I am excited to see him grow this year.

Super Baby (he still needs a better name) is almost 11 months old and is learning new things each day. He can sign milk, wave bye-bye, and cruise with ease.  It is hard to believe he is almost 1.  He continues to be a joy in our lives. Now if I could just get him to sleep through the night life would be really nice.

That's really all for now.  I am hoping as I begin this new year things will move nicely and I will be able to be more faithful the this little blog.  I am not making any promises but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment